Senior Account Coordinator
About the Company
Strategic Partners Marketing (SPM) is a strategic brand strategy agency and marketing firm that helps purpose-driven businesses and entrepreneurs be successful and make an impact through improved marketing strategies and implementation. SPM is fueled by passion, strategy, and grit. Our firm is unique because we approach marketing with a business strategy perspective, offering both high-level consultation and on-the-ground execution. We fulfill our mission to empower businesses in their marketing, by providing brand strategy and marketing implementation services, as well as educational talks and workshops.
SPM is a culture of dedicated, detailed-oriented professionals where everyone is supported by continual learning in a caring and supportive environment. We look for self-aware professionals who understand that everyone on the team brings different talents and approaches. These talents and perspectives fit together like a puzzle to create an amazing masterpiece, empowering each of us further in our own work, producing better client results.
We are a small, effective, and powerful team of leaders. As the company is growing, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior Account Coordinator to project manage and oversee our clients’ marketing plans and their implementation. In this role, you will provide daily ongoing account management, working directly with customers and with internal team members. You will be responsible for ensuring that all components of the marketing plan stay on track. Despite team members working remotely at times, we stay in communication via Slack or video meetings. We are seeking someone who is comfortable and capable of communicating effectively both in person and via remote channels.
Who we desire
We are looking for a highly skilled self-starter who takes pride in executing top-quality work. We are seeking someone who is either capable of meeting with clients and developing robust marketing plans based on brand strategy, or working with a brand strategist on the development of the plan, and then taking over the management of that plan from there. We are seeking a strategic thinker with project management experience who can see the whole picture for a client and understands the plan to execute that strategy into reality. We prefer someone with some experience in PR strategy and pitching and media plan development. We are open to exploring how your talents can fit the role.
We seek A+ team-players who are motivated by the fact that we strive for excellence. Even though we work productively, we still make time for fun! With monthly team events, annual work anniversary (workversary) celebrations for each team member, semi-annual team retreats, and weekly mindfulness activities. We find ways to keep it fun and real.
- We don’t manage people; we coach and mentor.
- We don’t get clients; we strategically partner with companies and individuals who align with our values and approach.
- We don’t sell things; we partner with clients to develop solutions that fit their needs.
Bring your love and passion, your talent and tenacity. If you think you may have the right mindset and strengths, and if we sound like good people for you, let’s talk further and explore this opportunity together!
We are seeking a detail-oriented, dedicated, strategic, and organized account manager to fill a role as a Senior Account Coordinator.
Your role will include joining team members on consultative sales meetings to lead the development of strategic client plans; you will directly manage several key accounts, including executing some of the work; you will work with other team members internally to ensure that client plans are on track, and you will report directly to the owner of the company to report on client and project progress.
This position requires someone who can see the big picture with our clients, and be able to effectively execute all elements of the plan. Ideally, you will be able to articulate how the strategies we are pursuing are helping clients to achieve their goals. This position also requires someone who has the ability to mentor and support others on the team and can be a problem-solver who can propose and execute solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner that incorporates the company’s vision and culture. The position will be 34-38 hours per week. While the hours are flexible with some remote work available, this person will generally be in the office 4-5 days per week.
- Join team members in conducting consultative sales meetings to develop integrated recommendations and proposals for presentation to the client
- Collaborate with team members to create comprehensive client marketing plans
- Communicate with clients and serve as a liaison between the client and internal SPM team to ensure that all parties are on the same page and moving toward the defined goals
- Manage client accounts and oversee execution of clients’ marketing plans among team members, including execution of the work
- Report directly to company founder on the status of projects, results of the work, client status, and team member performance
- Provide guidance to team members on all accounts of which you are a part, to ensure that projects are on track toward defined goals
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Collaborate with the founder to organize and coordinate people operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain positive relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Mentor team members on how to gather, analyze, and interpret external and internal data and write reports
- Report to clients on statuses of campaigns, providing ongoing consultation to retain the relationship and continue moving progress forward
- Project manage the execution of marketing strategies within the team, which will at times include executing various aspects of the plan yourself, which may include:
- Developing and guiding client messaging based on their business goals and brand to ensure brand consistency throughout all forms of marketing advertising, including email marketing, TV, radio ads, digital ads, print, and website
- Execute certain elements of client marketing plans, to be determined based on your skill and experience, including media strategy and buy development and/or PR-related work
- Media Strategy and Buy Development:
- Lead media strategy and collaborate with media buyers to conduct media avails and negotiation
- Explore opportunities with media partners
- Maintain relationships with media outlets on the client’s behalf
- PR-related work (depending on your expertise, we will discuss which items fall within your responsibility)
- Developing PR strategies
- Writing public relations stories and pitches
- Working directly with clients to understand their brand and story angles, providing guidance on the best PR strategies and story angles
- Pitching clients to media outlets
- Coordinating press coverage and interviews
- Preparing clients for PR opportunities
- Post-review of PR coverage both internally with the team and externally with the client, identifying areas of success and improvement
- Writing well-developed thought leadership articles and strategic blog posts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Small Business Management, Communications, or related field
- 2+ years of related work experience; previous agency or marketing director experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, including the ability to clearly and compassionately articulate the following in oral/written format:
- Feedback to team members regarding project statuses, timelines, and deadlines; execution of work; and ongoing skill and strategy development
- Project objectives and action steps via email and Slack
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and preferred knowledge of Excel formulas
- Preferred: understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Preferred: understanding of media strategy, public relations strategy skills, strong writing and editing ability, strong understanding of digital marketing
Compensation & Benefits
- $50,000-$75,000+ competitive pay depending on experience, performance, work ethic, and how much training may be required. Depending on your strengths and motivating factors, there is the potential of structuring the position with a bonus component based on sales and team performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Annual workversary celebration
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Positive, fast-paced agency environment that promotes health, wellness, and community, including team mindfulness, company provided massage services, and involvement in many community organizations
Interviews will begin in November and we’re aiming to have a candidate in place by January 20, 2019, with the flexibility to start earlier or later based on the right person and their availability to start.