Media Strategist & Buyer
Strategic Partners Marketing (SPM), is a growing, forward-thinking marketing firm with an entrepreneurial spirit and passionate team members. We specialize in brand strategy for small- to medium-sized businesses, and we partner with larger companies for specific projects such as public relations, media campaign development, and media buying.
We pride ourselves on maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and partners in the community. We provide consultation and implementation services, including web design, social media management, email marketing, digital advertising, public relations, and media buying. Learn more about us at www.strategiesthatpay.com and our sister company, www.amberdella.com.
If you are sharp, a fast learner, strategic, creative, and organized, and you want to work for a vibrant company that makes its own rules, then we need to talk. We are seeking a motivated individual to fill a position with us as a Media Strategist & Buyer. You will have the unique opportunity to work with both small local clients, regional clients, and a national client that is scaling to new markets. You will be responsible for planning, negotiating, and executing media plans and will work closely with senior staff to create effective media strategies for SPM clients.
This position can be structured several ways, based on what you bring to the table, including options for:
- Full-time or part-time
- Hourly or hourly + commission opportunities if you take on some sales-related functions
There is schedule flexibility; however, there are times when the team is required to be in the office and at on-site meetings to support the needs of our clients.
- Lead media planning efforts for clients, being directly responsible for planning all aspects of advertising campaigns (e.g., radio, TV, print and digital ads)
- Assist in managing client accounts, and directly onboard and manage clients that have a heavy focus on media planning and buying
- Negotiate and purchase radio and TV spots for clients, including one who will be in seven states in 2018
- Study demographic data/consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for advertising campaigns
- Develop requests for proposals (RFPs) and send them to vendors
- Purchase the correct inventory at a price to successfully hit campaign delivery, KPIs, and margin goals
- Analyze how media campaigns are performing to optimize planning and buying for future windows and/or campaigns
- Create data-driven strategies and media plans using multiple data points (e.g., ad server, historical data, demographic data, segmentation data, real-time data)
- Conduct client check-in calls and in-person meetings
- Organize and maintain all media buying materials and client marketing plan documents, as necessary
- Represent company at community events; participate and show support of client events and company-sponsored events
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with media planning and buying, such as being an account executive for a TV or radio station or working for an agency
- Proficient at developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive media plans that include buys in multiple markets, including digital marketing, TV and radio ads, and media partnerships
- Understands how to strategize for and negotiate radio and TV buys, with a solid grasp of cost per points (CPP)
- Solid grasp of interactive media, including various pricing models, targeting technologies, and ad serving
- Grasps various marketing and sales tactics and understands when to utilize them
- Able to create a step-by-step organized marketing plan for recommendation to the client, and for the team to execute
- Effective communicator with ability to articulate complex topics simply and succinctly
- Detail- and results-oriented, embracing a salesperson mentality
- Ability to work individually with strong time-management abilities
- Can collaborate effectively with other team members, including our Founder, Business Manager, Digital Account Coordinator, and marketing assistants
- Experience with developing and maintaining client and vendor relationships
- Must provide own computer (technology allowance provided after 6 months of employment for personal tech equipment purchases)
- Reliable transportation, which (at times) may require 40+ miles of travel to meet with clients
Full-time range $50,000-$70,000+ depending on experience and how the role is structured
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay, depending on experience
- Possible commission opportunities
- Cash and experience-based bonuses
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal/sick time
- Paid Bad-Ass Day Off to do something empowering
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Positive environment that promotes health and wellness
- Mileage reimbursement
If you are a serious self-starter who needs to be managed minimally, we want you. Basically, we’re looking for a gosh dang rock star who is seeking a flexible and supportive work environment, an awesome team, and the opportunity to grow and flourish as a Media Strategist & Buyer.
To apply, please submit your resume; in lieu of a cover letter, please write us a couple paragraphs telling us about yourself and why you’re interested in exploring this opportunity further. Because we’re forward-thinking and nontraditional, we also welcome you to submit a video and introduce yourself to us that way so that we can really get a sense of your personality, but it’s not required.
Our preferred application deadline is Friday, December 15, but we will review applications on a rolling basis.