Marketing Strategist Account Manager
You likely have ideas about what an advertising agency is all about; what a business coach does; how a marketing firm operates…
Be prepared to learn a new way.
And rather than simply telling you, we want to show you. See what some clients have to say here: https://www.strategiesthatpay.com/testimonials/page/2/
At Strategic Partners, we partner with clients as a trusted business strategy advisor and marketing implementation team.
We are two brands that share the same powerful vision: to partner with purpose-driven companies to do more good in the world.
In the coming months, we’ll be moving through our own powerful rebrand, uniting both sides of the business (coaching + marketing) back under one brand. And as we continue growing, we’re looking for our next dedicated, passionate, strategic, whip-smart strategist to join our team!
Hi, we’re Strategic Partners (SP). Fueled by passion, empowered by strategy. It’s our dedication to meaningful partnerships and results that’s enabling us to continue growing, consistently. We’re an intimate team of creative, caring, driven, committed, high performance individuals. We share values for transparency in our work, solid business and marketing strategies to help clients succeed, while having a bit of fun in all that we do!
We’re seeking to hire our next high-performing marketing strategist and account manager to join our team in a role as a consultative marketing strategist.
Strategic Partners is a business coaching, brand strategy and marketing firm that believes that business success is rooted in first listening to the soul for why the business exists, and allowing that life-force to fuel the strategy forward. We believe that businesses exist for a reason beyond just making money, but also, that making money is essential and critical for businesses to continue delivering on their mission.
As such, we attract growth-minded clients who care about authentically connecting with their ideal customers and driving profits from that purposeful place. Profits rooted in purpose. The intersection of heart and mind, soul and strategy.
Tired of traditional workplace models, our founder Amber Swenor set out to create a company that would celebrate the uniqueness of each individual with a focus on strengths over weakness, an environment of authenticity and compassion through radical transparency, along with creating a flexible workplace to empower highly-responsible self-driven leaders to shine within a team atmosphere.
What it takes to be successful here
Honesty with us and yourself.
Commitment to follow through.
Commitment to personal growth within your role.
Alignment with company values:
- Intrapreneurship: Growth minded and Innovative in your role within the team.
- Motivation: Self-starter that is regularly motivated to fulfill your tasks because you see the dots for how your contributions supports client goals, company goals and your goals.
- Passion: Passion is demonstrated by bringing some sparkle to your role; you are interested and engaged in the work you are doing and in the goals of the company. It’s demonstrated in how you feel and show up emotionally and energetically, resonating passion for what the company stands for and the work that we do.
- Accountability: Accountability is demonstrated by taking responsibility for your actions. We hold ourselves accountable for results, we caringly hold team members accountable, while also holding clients accountable for what they are responsible for, in order for the partnership to be a success.
- Caring Communication: SP engages a caring culture that is demonstrated through flexibility and also in how we communicate internally and externally. Care is demonstrated by displaying kindness and concern for others while also being honest and direct in our feedback and communications. We communicate directly and with care because we care about the success of the company, clients and colleagues.
- Think & Act Strategically: Thinking & Acting strategically is demonstrated by thinking through why you are doing what you are doing and how it fits in the puzzle for client success. This also includes engaging strategies that help you maximize your time and support your best work-flow.
We’re an intimate team of dedicated professionals. We’re seeking a self-starter, with a high level of personal responsibility who can thrive in a primarily remote-work environment.
We maintain culture through consistent communication tools, in person team building and by engaging radical transparency. We’re direct communicators and we’re united by our desire to find joy in our work and our personal lives. We come together and have each other’s backs because we genuinely care about what’s best for everyone.
We trust that the right person is going to find us, and will feel that this role is exactly what you’ve been looking for….
Progress over perfection.
Vulnerability is power.
Profits rooted in purpose.
Have fun along the way.
These guiding principles empower us forward. And if this resonates with you, we invite you to apply and to authentically speak your truth. Help us understand why we are the ideal fit for you, and you for us!
To be successful in this role, it will require: Strategic thought, relentless attention to detail, embracing a consultative mindset and approach and thinking a few steps ahead and being able to articulate these ideas, strategies and recommendations both internally and externally, backed up with solid strategy for why the recommendation is being made
We are looking for an individual who is a leader within their role while also being company forward and demonstrating teamwork and alignment to the company vision.
Personal Responsibility: demonstrate a high level of personal leadership and responsibility to fulfill commitments at or above expectation, according to agreed-upon timelines
Personable: ability to establish authentic connections and rapport quickly with clients and prospective clients
Multi-Task: Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and clients with multiple components in upbeat fast pace atmosphere
Strategic Thought & Guidance: strategic thought and attention to detail, ability to articulate the the strategy and recommendations based on clear reasoning, along with detailing the accompanying next step comprehensive action plan
Adaptability: ability to be resilient, agile, flexible, adaptable to change
Business & Marketing acumen: demonstrate ability to conduct consultative conversations, effectively diagnosing the business and marketing gaps and opportunities and propose a strategy with accompanying tactical marketing plan to achieve goals.
The position is as a consultative Marketing Strategist Account Manager: We are looking for a highly skilled self-starter who takes pride in executing top-quality work. We are seeking a strategic thinker with marketing account management experience who can see the whole picture for a client and understands the plan to execute that strategy into reality.
In this senior level position where the magic of intuition and gut instinct meets the power of the strategic mind, the ideal candidate will understand how to see the big picture, as well the step by step needed to achieve that vision.
You will engage a combination of people skills, strategic thought and powerhouse project management daily. Your role is the quintessential meeting of intuition and mind.
You will meet directly with prospective clients to conduct business needs analysis’ and then work with the internal team to develop a strategic plan and proposal to achieve their business objectives.
You will project manage work both externally customer facing and internally with the team, ensuring that all elements of the comprehensive plan are working together to achieve client goals.
This position requires someone who can see the big picture with clients, and be able to effectively execute elements of the plan and project manage elements among the team. You will be able to articulate how the strategies we are pursuing are helping clients to achieve their goals.
The position will be 37-44 hours per week (what’s more important are KPIs and hitting your goals and you are afforded flexibility and ebb and flow in your work hours so long as goals are met). While the hours are flexible with up to 100% remote available, if you are within the Madison, WI area you will be required to work from office at least 1 day/week for team in-office days.
- Conduct consultative sales calls and meetings by phone, video, and in person
- Generate sales leads, while also nurturing accounts and leads that you are provided
- Develop detail oriented integrated marketing plan recommendations and proposals tied to clear strategy for presentation to the client
- Create comprehensive data-driven marketing strategies and plans using multiple data points (Google Analytics, sales trends, social media stats, market research, online leads)
- Communicate with clients and serve as liaison between client and internal SP team to ensure that all parties are on the same page and moving toward the defined goals
- Project manage the execution of marketing strategies within the team ensuring that deadlines are adhered to, and that work is delivered at or above expectation in alignment with the client brand and the goals of the marketing plan, which may include:
- Developing and guiding client messaging based on their business goals and brand to ensure brand consistency throughout all forms of marketing advertising, including email marketing, TV, radio ads, digital ads, print and website
- Digital advertising strategy
- Content Strategy
- Media Strategy and Buy Development
- Public Relations strategy development
- Report to clients on statuses of campaigns, providing ongoing consultation to retain the relationship and continue moving progress forward
- Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Small Business Management, Communications, digital marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years of related work experience; previous sales, agency or marketing director experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, including the ability to clearly and compassionately articulate the following in oral/written format:
- Feedback to team members regarding project statuses, timelines, and deadlines; execution of work; and ongoing skill and strategy development
- Project objectives and action steps via email and Slack
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and preferred knowledge of Excel formulas
- Proficient at developing, managing, and overseeing implementation of comprehensive media plans that include various tactics such as social media, broadcast, print, email marketing, digital marketing, graphic design, web design, and SEO
- Able to create a step-by-step organized marketing plan for recommendation to the client, and for the team to execute
- Understanding of when to utilize various marketing and communications strategies, how they are implemented, and how they are measured
- Solid grasp of interactive media, including various pricing models, targeting technologies, and ad serving
- Grasps various marketing and sales tactics and understands when to utilize them
- Effective communicator with ability to articulate complex topics simply and succinctly
- Detail- and results-oriented, embracing a salesperson mentality
- Ability to work individually with strong time-management abilities
- Can collaborate effectively with other team members
- Experience with developing and maintaining client and vendor relationships
- This position has the potential to be fully remote. However if you are within the Madison WI region the position will at times require reliable transportation, which (at times) may require 40+ miles of travel to meet with clients
- Strongly Preferred: Business development-sales background
- Preferred: understanding of research methods and marketing data analysis techniques
- Preferred: strong understanding of digital marketing, understanding of media strategy, public relations strategy, strong writing and editing ability
Compensation & Benefits
- Base + commission based on sales and accounts managed + individual and team bonuses
- First year earnings projected at $65,000-$80,000+ depending on experience and drive; potential to grow into much higher earnings
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement account to provide toward health insurance or other health related expenditures
- Company provided Health Savings Account
- Mentorship heavy work environment to help you become your best including company sponsored learning activities, and personal and professional development
- Paid sick/personal days
- Workversary celebrations
- Semiannual team retreats
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Phone & mileage reimbursement
Interviews beginning in late July 2020. Start the conversation now!
Strategic Partners Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees and clients, and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.