Strategic Partners is seeking a motivated individual with experience and interest in brand strategy and holistic marketing, including tactical elements such as content writing, digital marketing, and social media marketing to join our team as a Marketing Intern working with values-driven companies and entrepreneurs throughout the midwest and nationwide. Gain the opportunity to apply your skills in a real-world way by collaborating directly on client accounts and receive mentorship and feedback.
If you are a motivated self-starter, detail-oriented, creative, organized, tech-savvy, LOVE all things digital marketing and social media and desire to work with and learn with a high-performing team rooted in values for authenticity, compassion, and results, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re considering professionals, recent graduates, as well as those who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field. This position offers great real-world marketing experience, all in a supportive, flexible, and fun (mostly remote, potential for fully remote) work environment. This position will be 7-8 hours per week with the potential to grow into a permanent part or full-time position. The position can be fully remote and candidates throughout the USA are encouraged to apply. Candidates in the Madison, WI, region will have the opportunity to collaborate with local team members at the downtown Madison, WI, office however, this is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create monthly marketing reports
- Develop attractive and well-written email campaigns designed to create conversions using MailChimp, Constant Contact, Ontraport, and other email programs
- Assist account leaders in managing client social media accounts which may include posting in adherence to best practice, creating copy and graphics
- Update content on company internal websites as needed
- Assist account managers in organizing and maintaining up to date client marketing related documents
- Collaborate in the development of clear and compelling target-focused communications, including social media content, email marketing, blog posts, digital marketing copy, press releases and print pieces
- Add new contacts to company CRM
- Assist with other administrative tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field (obtained or in progress)
- Proven understanding and effective use of social media platforms and communication tools
- Strong, demonstrable writing and editing abilities
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate complex topics simply and succinctly
- Detail and results-oriented
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Comfortable working with a small team where flexibility is necessary
- Must provide own laptop computer
- Graphic design ability and experience, including Canva and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Prior demonstrable social media experience
Compensation and Benefits
- $1000 stipend compensation for completion of the 4-month internship with $250 paid monthly
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Positive mentorship-oriented work environment
- Inclusion in company outings, personal development and team learning activities
This is a unique, exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter to join a fast-moving strategic marketing team, and gain practical experience. You will jump-start your marketing career by learning first-hand what it takes to work in a high-performing marketing firm that values both soul and strategy; heart and head; compassion and results. You will have the opportunity to apply your skills by doing marketing tasks for companies within the owner’s portfolio of companies including a company in the music business, and CBD business, along with applying your skills by working with agency client businesses ranging from insurance, to consulting, health and wellness, coaching, outdoor recreation, financial industry and more. The ideal candidate will take leadership of tasks, will demonstrate self-awareness in work quality and will require minimal management. If you are ready to grow and flourish as a Marketing Intern with our firm, come and learn the practical skills needed for success in a marketing career!
To apply, please submit your resume; in lieu of a cover letter, please send a couple paragraphs telling us about yourself and why you’re interested in exploring this opportunity further. Because we’re forward-thinking and nontraditional, we also welcome you to submit a video to introduce yourself so that we can really get a sense of your personality, however, this is not required.
Strategic Partners Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees and clients, and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.