What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing involves a variety of tools and strategies aimed at building your company’s online presence. In today’s competitive marketplace, being recognized online is just as important as marketing in the physical world. At Strategic Partners Marketing, the core digital marketing strategies we provide include social media management, online advertising (e.g., Facebook, Google AdWords, targeted display), and search engine optimization (SEO). We supplement this with email marketing and content-driven marketing, like blogging.
Want to learn more about what SEO is and how it’s related to social media? Check out this blog post where we dive into the topic more fully.
Why is digital marketing important?
Your potential customers need to know who you are, what you sell, and how you sell it. You want to know how many sales you’re getting as a result of your marketing efforts. A comprehensive digital marketing strategy is able to address both needs. By having both a compelling, searchable website and a social media marketing strategy, your business is able to connect with thousands of potential customers that might not know about you otherwise. And once you get in front of that ideal audience, digital marketing is able to track the results of specific campaigns, including how many people clicked on your ads, went to your website, subscribed to your email list, and became customers. Because digital marketing is data-driven, you’ll know exactly what results you’re getting for your investment.
Do You Need A Digital Marketing Strategy?
Maybe you’re a brick-and-mortar business that doesn’t do any sales online, an established business with years of experience in the industry, or just getting started with your business. Maybe you’re not convinced that digital marketing is the right solution for your company. Go through our 2-minute checklist below, and see if any of these criteria apply to you. If so, developing a strategic digital marketing plan would benefit you.
- You’re looking either to recruit Millennials and Gen Z (people aged 18-35) as employees, or you want them to be your customers. These people make the vast majority of their purchasing (and employment) decisions based on the research they do online.
- Even though you don’t sell any products or services online, you want to connect with local residents or businesses who don’t already know about your business but would be ideal customers.
- You want to keep in contact with your existing customers, clients, or patients and continue to nurture relationships with them so that they buy from you again.
- You have a lot of traffic to your website, but you don’t have many people calling you, contacting you, or buying your products.
- You have a lot of leads, but you find it time-consuming to send personalized emails to each of them every couple months, and you want to automate (part of) the process.
- You have an influx of competitors in your industry, and you want to maintain the same share of the market. Digital marketing is a great way to reach out to new segments of the market.
- You want your marketing efforts to show results, but you want to use your budget wisely and still see a high return on investment (ROI). Because digital marketing is highly trackable, it empowers you to use your budget intelligently. Digital marketing also has a lower cost of investment and a higher ROI than many other traditional forms of outbound marketing.
Do any of these describe you and your organization? If so, having a digital marketing strategy would benefit your company. To get started, contact us today to book your FREE, no-obligation 30-minute consultation.
What results can I expect?
Like anything, the results you can expect from digital marketing depends on your industry and business model, your level of investment, and what strategies you have in place before working with us. For one client, we redesigned their website, managed their social media, took measures to increase their organic search rank with SEO, and began running Facebook and Google AdWords campaigns for them. Over the course of a year, they increased their online applications by more than 200%. For another client, we were able to drive 25% of their annual business through digital marketing.
Want more concrete numbers? Check out our detailed digital marketing case study where we walk you through a year-long campaign we ran for one of our clients.
Achieve the Organic Search Results Your Business Needs to Thrive
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a key component in building a business online. Strategic Partners Marketing knows how to promote traffic to your website organically, to increase visitors, which in turn increases conversions, and profits. Your organic search engine ranking is dictated by many outlying factors such as:
- Website Content
- In-bound Links
- Unique Page Visits
- Accurate Keyword Research
- Website Coding
…..and Much More!
Design Elements That Keep Visitors Coming Back
Once you have the traffic, you need to keep your visitors engaged and interested. The aesthetic appeal and ease of navigation on your website through layout, images, video, content and call to actions will set an immediate precedent of trust and interest level. With our own web designers, video production and content writing teams we can create a visually appealing, informative and professionally designed site marking you as a leader in your industry. A website other professionals in your business circle will link to for additional services and information.
Digital Marketing Strategies That Get Immediate Attention in Madison, WI
With most consumers turning to social media outlets for recommendations, and reviews for an informed decision, your digital presence needs to reach out to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and many others for exposure and effective branding. Our social media campaigns can design pages and post on your behalf to deliver a consistent stream of activity, updates, and information. Your digital marketing efforts should complement each other. From your website to social media, search-engine-optimization efforts, email marketing and blog writing, these efforts should complement one another and should work toward your common goals. SPM can help develop the best integrated strategy to help you get the most out of a comprehensive marketing plan.