Account Executive & Consultative Sales Strategist
Strategic Partners Marketing (SPM), is a growing, forward-thinking marketing firm with an entrepreneurial spirit and passionate team members. We specialize in brand strategy for small- to medium-sized businesses, and we partner with larger companies for specific projects such as public relations, media campaign development, and media buying.
We pride ourselves on maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and partners in the community. We provide consultation and implementation services, including web design, social media management, email marketing, digital advertising, public relations, and media buying. Learn more about us at www.strategiesthatpay.com and our sister company, www.impactacademy.com
If you are sharp, a fast learner, strategic, creative, organized, are looking to grow your consultative sales and marketing career and you want to work for a vibrant company that makes its own rules, then we need to talk! We are seeking a motivated individual to fill a position with us as an Account Executive. You will have the unique opportunity to work with both small local clients and larger regional clients. You will be responsible for conducting consult meetings and making appropriate recommendations to the client, creating and presenting proposals, building and maintaining relationships, project managing the execution of marketing campaigns among members of the team, and at times, performing some of the execution yourself.
We are looking for someone who is a problem-solver and self-starter who needs to be managed minimally. We will provide the training and mentorship you need, and are looking for someone who desires to grow. At SPM we value a culture of learning and care in a flexible and supportive work environment.
- Conduct consultative sales calls and meetings by phone, video, and in person
- Develop integrated recommendations and proposals for presentation to the client
- Create data-driven strategies using multiple data points (Google Analytics, sales trends, social media stats, online leads)
- Build and maintain client and community relationships
- Project manage the execution of marketing strategies within the team, which may at times includes execution of various aspects of the plan yourself
- Represent company at community events; participate and show support of client events and company-sponsored events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or similar setting, such as being an account executive for a TV or radio station or working in an agency
- Proficient at developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive media plans that include various tactics such as social media, broadcast, print, email marketing, digital marketing, graphic design, web design, and SEO
- Understanding of when to utilize various marketing and communications strategies, how they are implemented, and how they are measured
- Solid grasp of interactive media, including various pricing models, targeting technologies, and ad serving
- Grasps various marketing and sales tactics and understands when to utilize them
- Able to create a step-by-step organized marketing plan for recommendation to the client, and for the team to execute
- Effective communicator with ability to articulate complex topics simply and succinctly
- Detail- and results-oriented, embracing a salesperson mentality
- Ability to work individually with strong time-management abilities
- Can collaborate effectively with other team members, including the Founder, Business Manager, Digital Marketing Strategist, Web Designer, and marketing assistants
- Experience with developing and maintaining client and vendor relationships
- Reliable transportation, which (at times) may require 40+ miles of travel to meet with clients
Competitive base plus commission; compensation based on experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick/personal days
- Workversary celebrations
- Semiannual team retreats
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Phone & mileage reimbursement
To apply, please submit your resume; in lieu of a cover letter, please write us a couple paragraphs telling us about yourself and why you’re interested in exploring this opportunity further. Because we’re forward-thinking and nontraditional, we also welcome you to submit a video and introduce yourself to us that way so that we can really get a sense of your personality, but it’s not required.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, with plans to fill this position between March 15 and April 30.